136 / Happy Birthday, Mario 🎂
The Agenda for Friday, September 25, 2020
|Sep 25|| 1|
So it’s been a few weeks, and I’ve accumulated a bunch of links from both Nintendo & Apple. Let’s dig in!
1. Nintendo is celebrating Mario’s 35th anniversary this year, and this Nintendo Direct showcased all of the game releases, events, and new products that are on their way.
2. I think the coolest thing Nintendo announced was Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit. Basically you get to build a Mario Kart track in your house and race Mario & Luigi around it using your Nintendo Switch.
3. But arguably the biggest news was the launch of Super Mario 3D All-Stars: a compilation of three classic Mario games (Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy), all optimized for Switch.
4. And don’t miss this Super Mario retrospective.
6. This will be the first time in many years that Apple won’t have released new iPhones in September. (If I had to guess, I’d say look for that iPhone event in October.) Instead, this month they streamed an event focused on Apple Watch and iPad. Watch the video! It’s only an hour, and that blue iPad Air is lovely.
7. iOS 14 launched last week, and I highly recommend installing the update, if just for widgets alone. I was also impressed by the performance gains on my two-year-old iPhone XR running iOS 14.
8. And speaking of widgets, prolific iOS developer “Underscore” David Smith released Widgetsmith, an app that allows you to make all kinds of custom widgets.
9. One of the great features in watchOS 7 is the ability to share watch faces as you’ve configured them, and Watchfacely is a website where you can find all kinds of faces to try on your Apple Watch.
10. Finally this week: the second official trailer for No Time to Die.
P.S. Do you like this email? You might also like the Morning Brew, a daily digest of news, business, and tech. I read it every day. (Not a sponsor, I just like ’em.)
Vid O’ the Week 📺
Liked what you read this week? 👍🏻
Please forward it along to a friend (or two!) — it’s the best way to support The Agenda. Or you could always buy me a coffee. ☕️
Thank you! 👏🏻