135 / Good morning, Cupertino
The Agenda for Friday, August 28, 2020
|Aug 28|| 1|
Hello there, dear reader! Here are 10 things I wanted to share with you this week. Enjoy!
1. Amazon is entering the wearables game with Halo, a health & fitness wristband supported by a $4/month subscription service. The tracker is only for sale by invitation at this point, but you can request early access. ($65)
2. Emailio is yet another new take on email, this time with a focus on wellness. (And it’s backed by Duke University, of all places.) I love that there’s continued innovation in established systems like email.
3. From last month: The Sweet Setup team released a big update to their Learn Ulysses course. If you do any significant writing on macOS or iOS, you should definitely check out Ulysses, and this course is the way to learn it.
5. SpreadSimple lets you use Google Sheets as a content management system (CMS) for your online storefront, restaurant menu, etc. Very cool.
6. I’ve continued to work my way through the WWDC keynote from June and finally got a good look at macOS Big Sur. I like the design changes, and I’m looking forward to Big Sur’s release this fall.
7. This week I upgraded to AirPods Pro, and the noise cancellation is super cool. (Especially when I’m mowing the lawn!) I’m still trying to figure out the fit, though. Apparently my ears aren’t the same size. 🤣
8. NEEDTOBREATHE’s latest, Out of Body, dropped at midnight.
9. Our gas utility is offering a $140 rebate (!) on a new smart thermostat, so we upgraded to the ecobee3 lite.
P.S. Do you like this email? You might also like the Morning Brew, a daily digest of news, business, and tech. I read it every day. (Not a sponsor, I just like ’em.)
Vid O’ the Week 🤣
It’s just uncanny. Love this guy. 🍎
Liked what you read this week? 👍🏻
Please forward it along to a friend (or two!) — it’s the best way to support The Agenda. Or you could always buy me a coffee. ☕️
Thank you! 👏🏻