I’ll be honest, I’m not exactly sure what to say as I write this intro, except that here in the United States, our hearts are heavy with grief and sadness for the state of our country. And for me it’s a reminder of both my privilege and of my ignorance. There’s a lot I need to learn.
Fortunately, my faith gives me hope for the future. Even amidst the brokenness of this world, I believe God is bringing about restoration. If you’re interested in participating in a conversation on racial justice and reconciliation from a Christian perspective, I hope you’ll check out my church’s services this coming Sunday.
Thanks for letting me share these thoughts at the beginning of this week’s issue. I hope you enjoy this week’s linkage, and I’ll see you next week.
photo credit: @brunocervera on Unsplash
1. I’ve been enjoying the The Bible Project videos as I work my way through The Bible Recap reading plan and podcast. This beautiful coffee table book catalogs all of the diagrams & summaries featured in the videos. ($35)
2. Dwell is a Bible-listening app that got its start as the “fourth most funded app of all time” on Kickstarter. I really enjoy the interplay between the narration of scripture and the original music Dwell has produced for the app. (free with in-app subscription)
3. This weekend we’re planning to watch Just Mercy, a film based on the book of the same name. In light all that’s happened, the studio has made the movie free to rent for the month of June. (Amazon | iTunes)
5. Do you like that new email header up there? I made it using Trianglify, a cool pattern generator for the web.
6. LiveVoice is a nicely designed live streaming application made specifically for audio.
7. And speaking of streaming, Ecamm Live is a gorgeous native video streaming application for macOS.
10. On another note related to grass, the 2020 Masters may not have taken place yet, but it’s ticket lottery time for the 2021 event. Sign me up.
P.S. Do you like this email? You might also like the Morning Brew, a daily digest of news, business, and tech. I read it every day. (Not a sponsor, I just like ’em.)
Vid O’ the Week
Just you try and not watch the entire thing. (h/t Studio Neat)
Liked what you read this week? 👍🏻
Please forward it along to a friend (or two!) — it’s the best way to support The Agenda. Or you could always buy me a coffee. ☕️
Thank you! 👏🏻