Tuesday was the big 100-hole golf-a-thon for Beacon of Hope, a local non-profit that provides no-cost counseling services here in the West Michigan area. I golfed from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. with basically no breaks and it was so much fun. My buddy and I finished the day at 101 holes, and while I didn’t make a birdie all day, I did hit a number of quality shots and parred a few holes. More than anything, it was great taking part in a fundraiser with such an important focus always, but especially right now.
That’s my update! See you next week.
1. File this one under “tech I’d like to try” — Typehut lets you publish a blog, website, event page, basically anything… for free. Grab a premium account for custom domains and such.
2. Lots of folks seem to be jumping on the Roam Research bandwagon these days, but I have yet to give it a try (I think I need an invite). Look interesting, although like Notion, I think it might be the solution to a problem I don’t yet have.
3. These days at work I find myself making flow charts and mind maps all the time (in Whimsical, which I may have linked to before). Well, Excalidraw is another fast, fun flow-charting tool with a hand-drawn vibe.
5. Scout Books are sweet little notebooks made for personalization.
6. I’m trying to ramp up my writing again, and I was inspired by this recent post from Shawn Blanc.
8. Last weekend we finished the first season of For All Mankind (Apple TV+) and it was fantastic. 🚀
9. On the games-to-try-out list: Psych!
10. 570 pieces. All red. It’s the Heinz Ketchup Puzzle. ($25; a portion of the proceeds go to Feeding America)
P.S. Do you like this email? You might also like the Morning Brew, a daily digest of news, business, and tech. I read it every day. (Not a sponsor, I just like ’em.)
Tweet O’ the Week 🏌️♂️
The pros are playing Golf Clash, and I love it. Imagine getting matched up with Bubba or Jordan! 🤦🏻♂️
Liked what you read this week? 👍🏻
Please forward it along to a friend (or two!) — it’s the best way to support The Agenda. Or you could always buy me a coffee. ☕️
Thank you! 👏🏻